Deep Cognition installation on CentOS

Hello, I need to implement the deep cognition on CentOS machine instead of Windows. I see the OS requirement of the studio is either Ubuntu or Windows. Is it possible to install it in CentOS? If not, I see that there’s docker image about deep cognition in here: https://hub.docker.com/r/deepcognition/bigtop/ . If I use docker, is it possible to install on CentOS?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

We have created an installer for RPM based systems. You can download using the following link and try it on CentOS.

Deep Learning Studio (.RPM package)

Let me know if works for you.

Regards
Rajendra

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried to install it by the rpm file you give. And it turns out to have an error like that.
I installed it in two ways.
(1) Using rpm -ivh command: And it indicates that it has already installed but I can’t find it in the application tag.

(2) Secondly I directly double click the rpm file and it shows an error that it is failed.

Could you please tell me where I was wrong? Is it already installed but I did not find in proper way? If so, how can I find it? If not, what is the correct way to install it?

Thanks,
David

Here is another screenshot for installing by(2)

(2)

David,

This is a CLI app for the Deep Learning Studio manager. Which means it will not show up as GUI application.

This RPM file downloads Deep Learning Studio docker image (during installation) and installs a CLI command called dlsm.

1. To start Deep Learning Studio, run
    dlsm dls start

2. To stop Deep Learning Studio, run
    dlsm dls stop

3. For command line options, type
    dlsm dls --help

Rajendra

Rajendra,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Is the docker image required to download by myself or it is done while i am running the rpm command? It shows the error that Deep Learning Studio image not found. But it looks like the dlsm command is installed successfully. If I need to download additional docker image, where is the link? If not, could you tell me where i am wrong?
dc3

Thanks,
Songyue

Hi Songyue,

The Deep Learning Studio docker image is expected to be downloaded as part of rpm package installation. Could you try uninstalling and installing again and share the installation output log ?

If it is still not downloading the docker image. Here is the command to download it manually

docker pull deepcognitionlabs/deep-learning-studio:2.0.0

Regards
Rajendra

Hi

I tried the erase command and it sticks at this error. When I try to install it, it will claims that it is already installed. What should I do? Manually download the docker image?

Thanks,
Songyue

Yes, you can download the docker image manually using following command:

docker pull deepcognitionlabs/deep-learning-studio:2.0.0

Hi Rajendra,

I tried after I manually download the docker image. It works normally and ask me to visit it in 127.0.0.1:8880. But when I get to that page and login it will crash. I tried that with another ubuntu machine in the same network domain which shows the same error. I am wondering is there any proxy setting need to set up to run the application? Or what mistake it could be? Here is the screenshot from the ubuntu machine server. It’s only part of the log, if necessary I can print the entire log.

Thanks,
Songyue

Looks like Deep Learning Studio is not able to access the internet (DNS resolution is failing). Can you check if that system is able to access internet (without proxies) ? An internet connection is required for logging into Deep Learning Studio.

Also do a ping to www.deepcognition.ai from the terminal to verify internet access from non-web apps.

I think those machines are not available to connect without proxy. Is there any proxy setting can set up through the studio? I previously tried the studio with my laptop with Windows OS in other networks and it run fine. When I switched the network in here, it is not working any more. I think it is pretty sure that proxy connection is the problem.

I tried to open the cloud app by u guys website and it is working fine. The browser has proxy setting before so that’s why it works. Ping with terminal looks fine.

Thanks,
Songyue

Currently there is no way to configure proxy in Deep Learning Studio. While the front-end part of the Deep Learning Studio can work with proxy settings in the browser, there is no option in the backend to configure the proxy.

We will look into adding support for proxy option in upcoming releases.

Ok. Thanks for your answer though. Hope the proxy setting functionality will coming soon.

Thanks,
David