RTX 2070 GPU Not Supported

Hello, I am a complete beginner to all of this and have been working on getting Anaconda installed and running with GPU support when I stumbled across this platform and decided to give it a try. I am running Windows 10 and have a RTX 2070 GPU. My GPU driver version is 417.71. I have tried installing DLS version 2.5.0 and the log says that my GPU is not supported. I have read some of the other topics and have uninstalled CUDA 10 & 9 so there was nothing and then reinstalled DLS w/ CUDA 9.0.

Logs
" Starting Deep Learning Studio…
Checking GPU support…
GPU not supported
skipping cifar dataset download!
skipping IMDB dataset download!
skipping MNIST dataset download!
skipping reuters dataset download!
No changes detected
Using MXNet backend."

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Hi you are getting this error because currently DLS doesn’t support RTC cards we are planning to do so in next release.

Regards
Rajat

Can you tell me when the next release is coming out? Currently, I can’t even do the Udemy Training as my computer freezes up on the first training run. My CPU goes up to 97% and then all functions seem to freeze…mouse won’t move, computer time doesn’t change, etc. I left my computer run like this overnight and still no change so I had to hard reboot. Maybe you can provide some tips to make this run on my CPU only without freezing? I have a AMD FX-8320 8 core processor and 32 GB ram.

Thank you,
Curtis

For the next release I can’t tell you the exact time right now but if you want to train your models on GPU in this case you can try Cloud version. There you will get 2hrs of free GPU with your Id.
Other than this you can use AMI of DLS on AWS if you have free credits over there.

For CPU you can try reducing the batch size and also don’t load the whole dataset at once.
Regards
Rajat